Daniel Smith - UPDATE ~ May 14, 2016...
Out of the Frying Pan INTO THE FIRE.
He NEEDS HELP MORE THAN EVER.
Daniel has been transferred from Sheridan, Oregon Prison Camp to a horrid prison.
Please let me explain what I can.
(1) The Bureau of Prisons (BOP) has 6 Levels of Risk into which to place an Inmate. They are:
Minimum, Low, Medium, High, Complex, Administration
Generally speaking, the correctional facilities house inmates based on Low risk behavior clear up to Very Dangerous behavior.If you wish to learn specifics the BOP website is https://www.bop.gov/about/facilities/federal_prisons.jsp
(2) Where Daniel had been, in Sheridan, Oregon was for the Lowest Possible Risk Inmates.
It was like a dormitory with open doors, windows, freedom to go outside with the butterflies, Canadian Geese, lakes and sparrows and even run the track...in an unfenced bucolic setting.
(3) Without warning on Wednesday May 11, 2016 the Marshalls moved Daniel Smith to SeaTac Detention Center just south of Seattle Washington. Not only is this not a Minimum Security Prison Camp ~ it is the WORST of the WORST.
The BOP’s website states that SeaTac has a proven history of violence to inmates. IN FACT: At least two (2) suspicious murders have happened. One murder the surviving family was awarded almost $1 million damages against the BOP.
(4) Worse the SeaTac BOP Website brags about how notorious some of their inmates current or past are or have been. So - which of the 56 risk catyegories is Sea Tac? NUMBER 6 - The worst.
Read Sea Tac's exact quote from their website: "...the containment of extremely dangerous, violent, or escape-prone inmates."
(5) His Court Appointed Defense Attorney wrote to me: "...BOP has complete control over the inmates and to not communicate with defense attorneys about those matters." (SH)
I am not at liberty to share any comments from Daniel BUT you would not want to know how he feels. This is attrocious, dangerous, uncalled for and just plain wrong. Maybe this is why our system is referred as the Criminal Justice System!
What to do?
(2) Please sign the Petition I’ll soon send you: Put him back into a Minimum Risk Prison Camp.
(3) Post and email this Update far and wide.
(4) Please consider helping Daniel with the considerable costs to undo this dangerous tragedy.
Each email, letter, donation, etc. will receive a prompt response and an accounting will, of course, be provided when completed. Let’s rally around Daniel right now ~ more than ever before!!
In Deep Concern
Larry Smith, Daniel’s Father